Friday 12 July 2013

Closets


This time of year, when I'm on holidays from work, closets call out to be cleaned. For months, items have been folded, hung, tucked, shoved and crammed, in that order, into our closets. They really need to be dealt with, I say, as I find twenty other things to do.


It's a task I'm privileged to do. I'm so thankful that I bave plenty of closet space now. I have lived with sub-optimal storage conditions in many places. Honestly, I've had brick and shelf storage, tiny armoire storage, keep your stuff jammed in one hall closet storage, and the kind of accordion doors that have to be yanked all the way across two closets to get at anything. Now, things are tucked away, safe, covered, and no one can even see all the silly, squished, odd, or confused articles inside. If they could, well, they might judge me.

Here's the thing, though. I've been a closet writer for a few years. Now, I'm out of that particular closet, feeling a little exposed, but enjoying the fresh air.

What you see here is a link to my book, lanched today.

So, I'm done with nibbling pencil ends in a dark closet.

Doris Janzen
Author of Shelter

Sample or purchase available online

2 comments:

  1. I have an inner desire to write so I guess I am a closet writer only in my mind. I applaud you for seeing it through. It will only expose the talented woman you have always been :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for your encouragement. I heard for many years that the only way to write is to take the time to try it. I would love to read your wit and wisdom! Go for it.

      Delete