Tuesday 9 July 2013

I consider the aroma and flavor of two of my favorite things, and come to one conclusion: delightful.  


First, there's coffee. Being an obedient child, hearing threats of stunted growth and the like, I stayed away from the stuff for quite some time. As an adult, I knew that a little caffeine could be a lot of help - in the writing of a paper at 2 a.m., for example. I also knew that staying away from an addiction like coffee would be best before children were born. Well, that all went out the window about ten years ago. I'd chalk it up to peer pressure of the school staff room. I'm not a purist, going for the strong, black variety. No, I prefer my coffee like a good friend - she gives you the kick in the pants you need,  without being rude about it. Suffice it to say, I've looked forward to and enjoyed a cup or two daily ever since. 


Then, there's chocolate. I've started to lean toward the darker, bittersweet chocolate, smooth and satisfying. I'm certain that science will continue to discover the benefits of this as a superfood, with antioxidants, mood lift properties, energy enhancement, and, perhaps, vitamins.  That would be nice. Even if science can't provide much justification, I certainly appreciate God's gifts of coffee and cacao beans. Beans are good for you, right?


No comments:

Post a Comment